One of the most useful software programs available . . is LibreOffice.
It runs on most major Operating Systems (Windows, MacOS, Linux/Ubuntu and Linux/Android).
Its range of capabilities is extensive. And it’s designed to be used freely and without hacking a proprietary license. (e.g., “guiltfree ware”).
But, because it may not be the suite you “grew up” with on your PC Journey, the specific steps to accomplish certain tasks . . may be different than MS-Office.
So hopefully, this is the first of many posts illustrating some of the features of LibreOffice . . this post covers how to create & print custom envelopes. Hope you learn and enjoy!
note: the video author prepared this using OpenOffice versus LibreOffice, but the screens and functionalities are identical.
More below about the ABC’s of LibreOffice. Simple and short video:
And Lastly but not Leastly . . . here is a more detailed but still “introductory-level” video about LibreOffice by a very well respected and intelligent author:
“Old Firefox add-ons get ‘dead man walking’ call
After version 57, plugins go to browser heaven”
Direct Link to Register FF Article re Extensions
Per request . . . here is the link to obtain CherryTree for Windows and Linux. Note for our System76 users – – please use the .deb file for Ubuntu.
CherryTree Installer Files
More detail here: note – CherryTree data can be displayed on Android Phones and Tablets via a standard Text editor (see link below)
Great job by Jo in demo’ing this useful program. Here’s the link on where to get “Microsoft Research AutoCollage 2008 version 1.1.”
Download Link for Collage Program
Firefox 57 (due Nov 2017) is slated to be the major update FF has needed since Google’s Chrome Browser became #1 in worldwide usage.
Cnet Update about Firefox 57 . . .
- Greg will present the OTC Tech Update.
- Greg will also demo “CherryTree” . . . a program that stores all kinds of data and encrypts it for safe storage on your local device(s) or the cloud (Dropbox, etc.).
- Break between presentations.
- Jo Irvin has volunteered to demo the photo customization.program/method she uses on her laptop.
- John Moloney will show us how he does 360° Virtual Reality (VR) photography . . . . NOTE: this presentation is postponed until the September or October meeting.
- Door Prize Drawing by Trudy DeKuester and Dennis Fleming.
Meeting Wrap-Up and Confirm Lunch Bunch Count . . .
Don’t throw it away . . . it might be worth some $$