NOTE: the meeting will NOT be at Sump Library in Papillion! It WILL be at the Omaha “Saddlebrook Library” instead.
Same time . . in the “Program” room. The Saddlebrook Library is in the Saddlebrook Elementary School. Just turn left upon entering the front doors . . .
A G E N D A . . .
Monthly Tech News & Roundtable
Demo of the current release of Ubuntu 18.04 (aka “the Bionic Beaver”). This is considered by many to be the “Premier” Linux distribution with a solid base of 30-35 million users across the globe. I will be running it off an external SSD via the usb v3 port.
Demo of free “classic” TV shows from the 50’s & 60’s which are hosted on Youtube.
Door Prize drawings and update on Nov & Dec club meetings
Hope to see everyone there!
Here is the meeting Agenda for this coming Saturday, Sept 8 2018 at 09:15.
> Virtual Private Networks (VPN’s) – what are they, why is it a good thing and how is one set up (Windows & Linux setup is only slightly different) [Trudy]
> Solus – an independent Linux distro targeted for speed and efficiency. This can be run as a Windows replacement . . OR . . as a secondary backup/rescue OS. [Greg]
> “Tech Topics” review. [Greg]
> Prize raffle. [Trudy & Dennis F.]
Another meeting is coming up Sat Aug 11 at 0900 – – Sump Library Papillion!
Here are the planned meeting topics:
Tech News and Web Posts Review (including recap on how to generate a new post and how to edit an existing post) – – Greg
Round Robin Table-Talk . . . “What are the top 2 or 3 programs you run and how frequently do you use them”?? PC, Smart Phone or Tablet – – Beverly
E-Mail Woes – – Steve
If time permits, we’ll be viewing a “Slide-Show” of Dennis F’s “Alaska Adventures” . . . .
Door Prize Drawings – – Dennis F and Trudy
OTC Meeting Agenda – 7/14/2018
Location: Papillion Sump Library
Time: about 0915-0920 pending setup
> General Interest Tech News [Greg]
> Home Security Systems Setup & Info [Dennis E.]
> Setting Up a NUC mini form-factor PC [Trudy]
> Club Drawings [Trudy & Dennis F]
OTC Meeting Agenda (Draft)
Saturday 9 June 2018
- Monthly Tech Update (Greg)
- “Elementary OS” . . a modern Linux distro noted for elegance and simplicity. (Greg)
- Google “forms”. (Ralph)
- Club Drawing (Trudy and Dennis F.)
- Potential (future) Agenda Items
- How to setup and manage a Home Security system via your PC,
- Using Virtual Workspaces on Windows and Linux (need volunteer to demo the Windows methodology),
- TiddlyWiki – a unique non-linear notebook for capturing, organising and sharing complex information,
- Parted Magic – a universal data rescue tool (works on Windows and Linux PC’s),
- VeraCrypt – a security program for encrypting and decrypting your data safely on your home PC’s or on the cloud,
- How to Partition your Hard Drive (HDD) or Solid State Drive (SSD) using “Gparted”,
- How to transfer files from PC to PC via your wireless network using “LAN Share”,
A G E N D A – OTC Meeting Saturday 4/14/2018
 . . . Tech Update (Greg)
 . . . Youtube Subscriptions & Channels (Greg)
 . . . Break (about 10-15 minutes)
 . . . Babbel Language Training Demo (Greg)
 . . . LibreOffice Tips – Printing (Trudy)
 . . . Prize Drawing – (Trudy & Dennis)
 . . . Lunch Bunch Meetup @ Village Inn (108th & L)
UPDATE . . . Feb 10, 2018 meeting is cancelled. This will now be our March Meeting Agenda.
VLC Article & New Features. Here is the agenda for the meeting at Sump Library in Papillion Saturday February 10, 2018. Upon setup completion, we will start about 0915-0920.
Monthly Tech Update: [Greg]
How to post a graphic image on the OTC website [Greg]
Comfort Zone Break (10 minutes)
How to capture a section or your whole PC screen in MS-Windows [Trudy]
How to research where to find a specific grave [Trudy]
Using the “Ultimate Windows Tweak” tool in MS-Windows [Dennis F]
Intro to the MS-Azure Cloud [Dennis F]
Club Prize Drawing [Trudy & Dennis F]
Following is the agenda for our club meeting this Saturday 13 January 2018:
- Tech Update (Greg)
- How to create a post on the OTC website (a brief refresher) (Greg)
- LibreOffice Update – two youtube tech channel video’s (Greg)
- New features in LibreOffice 5.4.4
- Info regarding LibreOffice standards (from an original LO founder)
- 10″ break (All)
- 2018 Annual “Show and do Tell”
- The small but “mighty” Intel NUC . . . (Trudy)
- Open Microphone . . . any club member with new hardware or products are welcome to share a brief review
- Prize Drawing (Dennis F & Trudy)
- Lunch Bunch Get-Together at Village Inn (108th & L Street)