Another meeting is coming up Sat Aug 11 at 0900 – – Sump Library Papillion!
Here are the planned meeting topics:
Tech News and Web Posts Review (including recap on how to generate a new post and how to edit an existing post) – – Greg
Round Robin Table-Talk . . . “What are the top 2 or 3 programs you run and how frequently do you use them”?? PC, Smart Phone or Tablet – – Beverly
E-Mail Woes – – Steve
If time permits, we’ll be viewing a “Slide-Show” of Dennis F’s “Alaska Adventures” . . . .
Door Prize Drawings – – Dennis F and Trudy
Managed to ‘clean’ install Elementary OS on little, slow, old laptop! No apps yet .. but all  updates are done and works great so far.
Internet, sound, mouse . . . what more do I need!
Just an interesting display after the storms of Monday 11 June 2018 . . . .
Taken on a Nikon D60 at 800 iso . .
OTC Meeting Agenda (Draft)
Saturday 9 June 2018
- Monthly Tech Update (Greg)
- “Elementary OS” . . a modern Linux distro noted for elegance and simplicity. (Greg)
- Google “forms”. (Ralph)
- Club Drawing (Trudy and Dennis F.)
- Potential (future) Agenda Items
- How to setup and manage a Home Security system via your PC,
- Using Virtual Workspaces on Windows and Linux (need volunteer to demo the Windows methodology),
- TiddlyWiki – a unique non-linear notebook for capturing, organising and sharing complex information,
- Parted Magic – a universal data rescue tool (works on Windows and Linux PC’s),
- VeraCrypt – a security program for encrypting and decrypting your data safely on your home PC’s or on the cloud,
- How to Partition your Hard Drive (HDD) or Solid State Drive (SSD) using “Gparted”,
- How to transfer files from PC to PC via your wireless network using “LAN Share”,
Currently, MS-Windows update names are . . . really . . . blah! Not much marketing or creativity there. But everyone (almost) LOVES dogs!
And, if they would adapt the method Ubuntu uses . . . the next update might just be “Collegial Collie”. . .
HTG Link re MS Win10 Update Names . .