Well. some kids anyway. pic.twitter.com/QLCiEzMEsq
— S. Vaughan-Nichols (@sjvn) May 11, 2018
Currently, MS-Windows update names are . . . really . . . blah! Not much marketing or creativity there. But everyone (almost) LOVES dogs!
And, if they would adapt the method Ubuntu uses . . . the next update might just be “Collegial Collie”. . .
A G E N D A – OTC Meeting Saturday 4/14/2018
 . . . Tech Update (Greg)
 . . . Youtube Subscriptions & Channels (Greg)
 . . . Break (about 10-15 minutes)
 . . . Babbel Language Training Demo (Greg)
 . . . LibreOffice Tips – Printing (Trudy)
 . . . Prize Drawing – (Trudy & Dennis)
 . . . Lunch Bunch Meetup @ Village Inn (108th & L)
UPDATE . . . Feb 10, 2018 meeting is cancelled. This will now be our March Meeting Agenda.
VLC Article & New Features. Here is the agenda for the meeting at Sump Library in Papillion Saturday February 10, 2018. Upon setup completion, we will start about 0915-0920.
Monthly Tech Update: [Greg]
How to post a graphic image on the OTC website [Greg]
Comfort Zone Break (10 minutes)
How to capture a section or your whole PC screen in MS-Windows [Trudy]
How to research where to find a specific grave [Trudy]
Using the “Ultimate Windows Tweak” tool in MS-Windows [Dennis F]
Intro to the MS-Azure Cloud [Dennis F]
Club Prize Drawing [Trudy & Dennis F]
Above is a “same day” response from Emma to an issue I reported on Cecilia’s System76 AIO (all in one) desktop PC. The PC is out of it’s 1 year warranty but with System76, they continue to provide software support for the life of the PC (at no cost to the customer).
The issue was a Canonical update that issued a flawed kernel in response to the Meltdown/Spectre fiasco.
I’ll provide more detail at our club meeting for the 4 other Linux users in case this is or was an issue for them also.
Following is the agenda for our club meeting this Saturday 13 January 2018:
- Tech Update (Greg)
- How to create a post on the OTC website (a brief refresher) (Greg)
- LibreOffice Update – two youtube tech channel video’s (Greg)
- New features in LibreOffice 5.4.4
- Info regarding LibreOffice standards (from an original LO founder)
- 10″ break (All)
- 2018 Annual “Show and do Tell”
- The small but “mighty” Intel NUC . . . (Trudy)
- Open Microphone . . . any club member with new hardware or products are welcome to share a brief review
- Prize Drawing (Dennis F & Trudy)
- Lunch Bunch Get-Together at Village Inn (108th & L Street)