Hey OTC’ers. Yes, we will be having our monthly meeting tomorrow at Sump Library at about 0915 – 0930.
A G E N D A . . 10/12/2019
Monthly Tech Update via OTC Postings
Part 2 of CherryTree Database:
– – including additional info regarding file encryption via 7z (7zip) in Linux. A very simple and handy way to protect your files if you are not using full-disk encryption (aka LUKS).
Part 1 of Intro to Virtual Box:
– – another way to continue running Windows 7 that protects your machine and OS. Also, this technology allows you to run “Mint” or any of the additional top rated distros.
Next Meeting coming up this weekend at Sump Library, downtown Papillion at 0915 am. Hope to see all OTC’ers there!
A G E N D A
Sat. Aug 10th, 2019
Monthly Tech Update/Q & A Round-table
Favorite Linux Youtube Channels (my personal choices for quality Linux video authors . . . )
App of the Month: “gThumb” – – for quick simple photo editing & pic storage
Hello OTC’ers . . . here is the projected agenda for Saturday July 13th 2019 at Sump Library in downtown Papillion:
Monthly Tech Round-table discussion and OTC website update.
A review of several options to install and uninstall software in Linux. These methods and tools apply to most popular Linux Distributions. Options include “Synaptic PM, Snaps, AppImages and Flatpaks.”. Also, how to install deb packages using the stand-alone package manager (PM) “Gdebi”.
A review of basic disk partitioning in Linux using the GParted program for managing disk storage.
M E E T I N G A G E N D A 8 J U N E 2 0 1 9
Monthly Tech Update & Roundtable
Portable Apps – the whats & whys
A sampler of “Free” Video Streaming Sites
AGENDA for OTC meeting on Saturday, May 11, 2019:
- Tech Update Roundtable Discussion . . .
including Q & A from our members . . . for example, has anyone “upgraded” their installed distros? Like upgrading from Xenial Xerus (16.04 LTS to Bionic Beaver (18.04 LTS) . . . or even to one of the 6 month interim releases like Ubuntu 19.04 (Disco Dingo).
- Installing an Ubuntu based distro on portable SSD media
including bootloader and disk management tips (we will watch a couple or three youtube videos by knowledgeable linux users)
Hopefully, we’ll be able to do an actual “Winter” meeting next month! So, our agenda will be as listed for the January meeting.
Location: Sump Papillion Library.
Date/Time: Saturday 2//9/2019 at 0930 till aprox 1130.
A G E N D A
Monthly Tech Update (Greg)
Intro to Ubuntu Linux 101 . . (Greg) . . Key Distinctions between running a Windows PC versus Ubuntu. This is about getting on the “right path” and not carrying any unneeded Windows baggage.
Q & A and Opportunity for suggesting new presentation topics (including presenting if so inclined).
A G E N D A – Omaha Tech Connect Nov 10, 2018 – start time about 09:15 to 09:30.
- Call to Order (Bev)
- Recap of Club History & Decision to Retire (Trudy & Dennis)
- Canvass Members regarding starting new Computer Club (still OTC for now), but based on Ubuntu based systems including Google’s ChromeOS.
- No Dues
- Same Meeting Schedule (2nd Sat. each month)
- Focus on the Ubuntu “home” based user (not for Linux SysAdmins)
- Two Hour Meetings (versus about 3 hours for Slugo/OTC). Times would be 0930 till 1130
- Standard Agenda of:
- Tech News – Tips – Q&A
- One main presentation
- Socialization and refreshments