A G E N D A – Omaha Tech Connect Nov 10, 2018 – start time about 09:15 to 09:30.
- Call to Order (Bev)
- Recap of Club History & Decision to Retire (Trudy & Dennis)
- Canvass Members regarding starting new Computer Club (still OTC for now), but based on Ubuntu based systems including Google’s ChromeOS.
- No Dues
- Same Meeting Schedule (2nd Sat. each month)
- Focus on the Ubuntu “home” based user (not for Linux SysAdmins)
- Two Hour Meetings (versus about 3 hours for Slugo/OTC). Times would be 0930 till 1130
- Standard Agenda of:
- Tech News – Tips – Q&A
- One main presentation
- Socialization and refreshments
Here is the meeting Agenda for this coming Saturday, Sept 8 2018 at 09:15.
> Virtual Private Networks (VPN’s) – what are they, why is it a good thing and how is one set up (Windows & Linux setup is only slightly different) [Trudy]
> Solus – an independent Linux distro targeted for speed and efficiency. This can be run as a Windows replacement . . OR . . as a secondary backup/rescue OS. [Greg]
> “Tech Topics” review. [Greg]
> Prize raffle. [Trudy & Dennis F.]
Another meeting is coming up Sat Aug 11 at 0900 – – Sump Library Papillion!
Here are the planned meeting topics:
Tech News and Web Posts Review (including recap on how to generate a new post and how to edit an existing post) – – Greg
Round Robin Table-Talk . . . “What are the top 2 or 3 programs you run and how frequently do you use them”?? PC, Smart Phone or Tablet – – Beverly
E-Mail Woes – – Steve
If time permits, we’ll be viewing a “Slide-Show” of Dennis F’s “Alaska Adventures” . . . .
Door Prize Drawings – – Dennis F and Trudy
Managed to ‘clean’ install Elementary OS on little, slow, old laptop! No apps yet .. but all  updates are done and works great so far.
Internet, sound, mouse . . . what more do I need!
Just an interesting display after the storms of Monday 11 June 2018 . . . .
Taken on a Nikon D60 at 800 iso . .